Proplapsed Rectum

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am having an operation for a completely prolapsed rectum. I am having a perineal alteimers proceedure. Has anyone else had this? Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I haven't had this but am having to go for a proctograme to see if I need the opp so will be interested in replays not looking forward to this test have you had it done ?
    • Posted

Hello, I had a proctoscopy which was nothing at all, that showed that what I thought was piles was a fully prolapsed rectum. I then had to have a flexible seigmoidoscopy to make sure nothing else was going on;Thankfully not.So I am now booked to have my operation.Have never had an operation before but will be glad to get it over and done with
  • Posted

Hi Audrey thanks for your reply that's what they are looking for as I thought I had piles but the new registra said not just tags , after the sigmoid thingy they did confirm I had piles and  some diverticulitis 

so so next step is the proctograme to see if there is a internal prolapse which I suspect there is as internally I felt a lump a few years ago and couldn't be bothered to say as I thought it was a vaginal prolapse but reading up on it now apparently if a bowel or rectum collapses then it can push into the vaginia area

other wise they haven't found anything else wrong so I suspect I'll be up for an operation as well , my work will not be happy , I am going to take the proctograme day as a holiday to save my self the grief! As I'm guessing it's only for an hour or so ?

• Posted

hi June Rose.I have never had a proctograme

I think that from the beginning the consultant knew that I would have to have the operation for my prolapse And the seigmoidoscopy was just to be sure there was nothing else.Anyway I have got the date for my operation in three weeks time.I will be petrified but so pleased to yhink it will soon be done

• Posted

Hi June Rose did'nt finish what I was saying.I am sure that one of the ladies on here or one of the other sites will be able to tell you how long a proctograme takes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.