Propofol& CF/ME

Posted , 4 users are following.

l am having endscopy and doctor is using propofol .As I am really anxious doc is going to up the dose. Has anyone with CF /ME experience of this drug/side effects while having this procedure. Is it GA?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I've used this drug for minor surgical procedures and have had no bad side effects from it. It's great because it is short-lived, meaning it gets out of the system pretty quickly. Good luck with your procedure. Try not to worry. KPD

• Posted

just had an endoscopy. Dr used propofol, no problems. i just felt grogginess/tired the next day as well. slept like a baby for the first time in ages. you should be just fine

• Posted

TKS dor reply. could u tell me if you were aware of what was going on or were you totally put to sleep

• Posted

I prefer to have the procedure without sedation.

its a bit uncomfortable and traumatic but once youre over it, youre over it.

no need to worry about side effects and you can just get on with your life once youve had adequate rest and sleep.

just a personal preference for me.

hope you do well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.