Propranalol for anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all. I've just been put on these for my Anxiety although I'm depressed also so I'm worried they will make that worse. People's positive experiences? Took my first one this morning 40mg a day, I'm feeling flat and tierd. Positivity please guys as I'm losing hope lately and being positive is becoming harder, im scared i wont come out of this xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leanne. I have been taking it too on a as and when needed basis I've got the 10mg tablets so I can take a small amount . I feel that maybe when I took them regularly I did Possibly feel more down but they do help with the anxiety . I haven't needed to take any today so far so feeling positive x

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply Gillian. With it being my first tablet do you think that's my reasons for now feeling low sick and tierd? I was hoping I didn't have side effects and they would be my miracle pill. Not sure theirs any such thing. I know this is going to take alot of work myself to get through but it's so hard when you know you have a little family waiting for you to get better, I've had to move out my family home because my Anxiety got so bad I didon't want my children seeing me that way xx

• Posted

Hi again. I started on the 80mg slow release daily but after a week I was feeling awful and have terrible nausea so went back to doc and went onto smaller dose of instant release and much better . I take 10mg on waking mornings are worse for me  then another 10mg in the afternoon . Maybe take half the 40mg until you get used to it 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.