Propranolol

Posted , 5 users are following.

i take this medication for panic attacks but it makes me feel so depressed that i dont want to be on planet earth anymore.

ive suffered depression and anxiety for almost 10 yrs on and off now, im only 26 and going out of my mind

somebody please help me !!! i have constant tears in my eyes and i dont know how to make myself better ;'(

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that. I find all these drugs do same to me, I was never depressed or anxious until I started them ! I have acute insomnia and take amitriptyline for that- not working out- and propanolol for anxiety. I 'freeze' and can't do anything and can't function, but p makes me have all sorts of side effects. I was interested n earlier comment from male who felt his ribs sore- me too. That's bizarre. Like you are going to burst out of your ribs?! Who ever invented these. 
    • Posted

Oh and shivers down leg and massive sweating. I am 47 though so you may it get that kind if effect x
  • Posted

it does the same to me to - i described it as feeling like a slug... also its effects stop working after a month. try not to take it everyday - ask you gp to sugguest something else - I really want to try buspar - but for some reason they dont prescribe it in the Uk 
    • Posted

ahh i see, do you take it just as and when you need it?  that would be great if there was a tablet like this!  its a shame about the Buspar too
  • Posted

Hi, I don't suffer from depression but when I came off this drug I felt like I had low mood and a lot of depersonalisation now I am better. What makes you sad? What triggers it? Thoughts? What makes it worse etc?Or you just feel like that. I would really recommend you exercise it really does help anxiety. I would be happy to help you btw as I know what you are going through is horrible smile just remember you can get through it x
    • Posted

hi olivia sorry for this latre reply ive been away from technology for a while!  thanks for the offer too i love forums like this help can be a circular motion.  its the propranolol that makes me feel this way ;'( i think it only is working a slight bit in terms of panic attacks. 

i think what triggers it is being in my flat on my own!  so i stay at mums a lot now, i just think after a logn time on my own and losing my grandad a few months ago, (saw him in the chapel of rest, probably freaked me out too) that probably is a factor too.

what kinds of excerise do you find helps olivia?  or just any you can manage?

hope you get this, appears i turned my email notifications off rolleyes

thanks everyone for their replies too x

• Posted

Hey! I go to the gym and I also do a lot of road runs, i try to exercise at least 3/4 Times a week xx
    • Posted

I know post was posted along time ago but hopefully you can my reply ...... I feeling terrible and have these side affects do they eventually go away?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.