Propranolol

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been prescribed propranolol to help when giving presentations at work I have had this for a couple of Years and taken on an ad hoc basis when needed. I have changed jobs and have been taking this more regularly as had had an experience of shaking when watched but had noticed that it wasn't working as well and was having to take more. The original dose was 40 mg and also 80 mg time release. 

Has anyone had any experience of self hypnosis or hypnosis helping with this, as I realise this is mind over matter, as if I don't focus on my hands and my nervousness I am ok.

Also has anybody found the 40 mg taken twice a day is more effective than the slow release or the other way around, and what is the best time to take this?

So sorry for all the questions as I am quite aware of this and would like to appear confident in my role not nervous  [smile]

Thank you xx

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I tried hypnosis to pack in smoking and it worked surprisingly well and could work for giving presentations etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.