Propranolol

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, has anyone had any success reducing the frequency of their migraines , more specifically migraine aura using Propranolol? Ive recently started taking this as i experience regular auras. Im feeling quite down about having these and looking for any success stories or recommendations for treatments that have worked for you.

thanks

lizzie

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey there! I have been taking it over a year now and it has worked wonders. I used to have them everyday and now I only have them at a certain time of the month.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Lizzie

I have taken Propranalol for many years for migraine prevention. I do believe that it helps. My migraine are now much less frequent than they were and I only take 1 tablet of Propranalol a day. When the migraines were more frequent I was taking 3 a day. I am finding that as I get older the migraines are much less severe. I can now have aura and almost no headache whereas 10 years or so ago an aura onset meant a couple of days of hell was coming. I would definitely suggest you give it a try. What harm can it do? How frequent are your migraine at the moment?

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.