Propranolol affect thinking and memory?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm in a new job for last few months. I started taking 10mg every morning for extreme blushing. Working well. Except I'm making weird mistakes at work. Like, I've always been perfect in my roles pretty much. These mistakes are basic. Like numbering is wrong. Taking down people's names wrong, sending emails to the wring address, spelling, grammar. I sent a message to our admin staff to call a client and gave a number for him that was completely wrong, not a little, really completely different. It didn't match the number I had on the time in front of me. I can't remember anything about this. It caused a lot of stress. Sent a very important email to the wrong email address even though I know I read it out and checked it. Constant mistakes. My previous job in this industry and not one single piece if my work had an error, not one and that was immediately prior to this role. I wonder if my thoughts are affected by this drug.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Amy,

It's possible. This drug does slow everything down. I have changed from 80mg to 40mg as my mind was fuzzy and I  felt like I was running in mud. MY BP also went into my boots. Go and see your GP. Good luck.

PS I used to blush a lot. Don't worry, you do grow out of it. Have you thought about Hypnotherapy or counselling?

• Posted

Hi, Ive been on 80mg for years....they do slow things down a bit but I honestly think 10mg us so low it really wouldn't have that much if an effect, you could try stopping it and see how you go.  I always put loads I'd symptoms down to the propranolol but whenever I've come off them for a while nothing changes so I realise it's not the propranolol. I take it for headaches and migraine and it helps me so much.  I stopped running and exercising as I got it in to my head it was slowing me down and making me tired.....then I changed the way I thought about it and realised that was all in my head!!! I now manage 5k running and love it.....just have to fur got your taking the tablets xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.