Propranolol and Blood Pressure

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I’m panicking. 

Prescribed propranolol 5 wks ago for anxiety and very high blood pressure. All has been great and my blood pressure has been on average around 128/78!!! I’ve also changed my lifestyle. However today totally out of the blue my BP has been 130-140/88-92 all day. The day has been no different in anyway the only thing is I didn’t sleep great last night. 

Any advice much appreciated. Many thanks. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi beautiful x you really need to stop checking your blood pressure all the time ok x you’ll make yourself crazy x as long as you feel ok no need to watch it xxx I had a high blood pressure reading recently and I went stir crazy ... went every day to the chemist for readings ... it went through the roof ... then thought ... stop this I feel amazing x didn’t go back for weeks x had a reading at the asthma clinic and I’m back to blood pressure of a 20 year old and I’m 49 xxx please relax and give yourself at least two weeks without looking at reading ok xxxx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.