Propranolol causing sleep disturbances?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay, so just to start this off.. I have a feeling this will be a very complex situation and I understand if not many people can help.

I started taking 20mg twice daily for my migraines after a different medication I was taking had too severe side affects on me. I started taking them about two weeks ago and didn't experience anything other than a few weird dreams.

Now here is the difficult part, four days ago I was given a 50mg THC edible (I have ZERO tolerance when it comes to thc and things like that) and I had a very bad experience thinking I was going to die and I had multiple panic attacks and paranoia. After that, I was too scared to take my Propranolol, because the lasting paranoia from the edible made me believe my heart would stop. I skipped my medicine for a day and a half. After skipping it, I had a horrible night, moving a lot in my sleep, talking in my sleep, feeling super disturbed and waking up anxious and not being able to fall back asleep. The next morning I took my medication, and my anxiety went away for the day. But then I went to bed, and woke up two hours later feeling anxious and moving and talking in my sleep. Super restless. I also feel so depersonalized? Like I'm living in constant brain fog. It all has happened after that one bad night and then skipping three doses of my medication. I'm worried as to why this is all happening and I'm desperate for it to go away. Was this because I took that edible and also skipped? Maybe just because I skipped? Or just the edible still taking it's toll on me? Again, I know nothing about any of this, and if anyone needs any clarification, let me know. it's currently 3:30AM and I am unable to sleep, desperate for an answer.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi i find if really hard to fall asleep since taking propranolol was on 40mg have reduced to 20mg a day after a year as l want to stop taking it. however have read posts about withdrawal symptoms even if have only been taking it for a week? i felt very tired and dizzy when i reduced and have been to scared to stop completely, wish i had not started on propranolol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.