Propranolol for migraine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started taking propranolol for migraine prevention. i took 80mg 1 a day. i was ok at first but then i started feeling light headed , lije my head was swimming. i also feel very weak, no energy & tightness in chest, especially if i was more physically active. im now on 40mg, see how that goes. im on this for migraine prevention. so have to see how it goes. otherwise i will have tofi d an alternative . Anyon else get tgese symptoms?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

you were on a very high dose and they reduce your blood pressure and slow your pulse right down so you have to be careful. I used to be on 10mg a day and I would get dizzy if I stood up too soon. The tightness in your chest may be something to keep your eye on, did you tell your doctor about that symptom?

• Posted

I've been on this medication for migraine for about 8 years. I only take 10 mg at bedtime. I have never had even one migraine since starting propranolol . Your dose seems really high. I might ask if it needs to be so strong. It really is good to lower your blood pressure (another reason I take it) but you will get dizzy if your blood pressure goes too low.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.