PROPRANOLOL !! HELP!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I started taking propranolol last last and it made a huge difference in my aniexty feel like a new person today.. but the only thing is after taking it i feel like i couldnt breath like my airflow was being restricted can some one help...... ??????

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there James

I recently started taking propanalol and experienced the same symptoms. Breathlessness etc. It is one of the side effects which my doctor says will go away!! Not sure if it does though. I find the propanalol causes headaches too. Although it helps with the anxiety I'm going to ask to try another beta blocker as I'm not sure after 2 months if it suits me. But here's hoping my anxiety goes as fast as it came. I live in hope.

• Posted

It was like some body had me by the throat not a nice feeling but i feel very good today after bad anxiety for 4 days.. if i feel normal the side effects are better then feeling like giving up
  • Posted

I took propanolol and stopped it after a few days, the side effects for me were horrible. One night my legs became so weak I thought I was having a stroke. I went to see my gp that day. I now take citalapram and for me the side effects were no near as bad as the propanolol
    • Posted

I took the tablet and went to bed couldnt sleep for at least 4 hours after then my breathing came back to normal
  • Posted

Hello I started propanol slow release last week and they have done wonders for my anxiety too,although I haven't had the breathlessness I did read up on all the side effects and you really should tell your doctor as it is a side effect but just go make sure for your Peace of mind it's normal.hope this helps Michelle x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.