Propranolol withdrawal

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m withdrawing from 20mg three times a day, so far it’s been okay apart from I’m experiencing strange head feeling like a brain zap, I had this when I was coming off citalopram! I’ve been on propranolol for anxiety. anyone else had this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Yes!!! I was on Propranolol and stopped after weaning off for a month on 1st December. First 2 wks were fine, then I got headaches, nausia, dizzyness, upset stomach and brain zaps. The zaps were mild and went away after a few days. I mainly have nausia and headaches now. I think we have to give it time to get out of our system. I took it for anxiety 40mg once a day. Made my hair fall out and a flare up of psoriasis. I'm glad I've stopped it. Good luck

• Posted

can i ask how you are feeling now? i have been on 40mg a day for over a year and sometimes more for anxiety and want to stop. am on day 5 of reducing to 20mg but feel dizzy/headache last couple of days. how did you taper of over the month as i have read some horror stories off people ending up in hospital

• Posted

i have reduced from 40mg to 20mg a day and have felt dizzy/ headache last two days and am on day 5, i want to reduce over time as have read some awful stories about people stopping. how are you feeling now? did you just stop? i have been on this for over a year ☹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.