Propranolol Withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been taking Propranolol since Dec 19 .. I was taking 40mg a day for a sudden horrific onset of Anxiety. I had completely lost my mind and had zero emotion and felt hopeless and after I had to get an emergency doctors appointment and they put me on Propranolol and wow they worked so quickly and soon felt my usual self again! I wasn't planning on being on them for so long but with COVID.. Need I say more. I recently told my GP I wanted to come off them, he gave me x2 boxes of 10mg .. I was taking x2 10mg for two weeks.. then past week x1 10mg a day. Now im on day 2 of no tablets. I have headaches and palpiltations and feels like my heart is beating out of my chest. Not to mention the extreme dreams (lastnight I dreamt that my partner fell off a bike and her head fell off, i know, pretty messed up). I just want some reassurance these withdrawals will soon stop. I have some days out planned with friends and want to be able to have a tipple since not being able to drink on Propranolol I dont know how my body will react to alcohol. My last drink was Oct 2019.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi carla. are you feeling better? i think it may be okay to have one drink as long as you stay well hydrated. i stopped propranolol about 3 weeks ago and am having similar symptoms to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.