Propranolol withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

i started taking proprananolol 10mg 3 x a day for mild anxiety in the start of june. After the first 6 days i started experiencing really bad derealisation which led to a panic attack so i stopped taking them after i told my doctor he told me to go back on them i did for a month then the derealisation still didnt go away so i stopped them again without telling him i had really bad withdrawal extreme anxiety, panic night sweats, paranoid thoughts, dp/dr etc. the bad withdrawal lasted about a week however almost 2 months later my anxiety is still worst than it has ever been i never used to have health anxiety but have developed all these new fears and i just dont feel the same anymore, extremily paranoid i never even used to get panic attacks but i get one every few weeks now. And worst of all the derealisation hasnt gone away every time im out everything just seems so fake and unreal which causes me to panic every time i wake up, i just want to get on with my life like before, and im scared its not even the proprananol anymore and this is permanent 😦 can anyone else relate ?

thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.