Propranolol withdrawal - fast heart rate with minimal exertion?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have been experiencing withdrawal symptoms for the past 4 days. I took 10mg propranolol for just over a month as and when I need them, as directed by my GP for anxiety. I quit them cold turkey when I realised that it was the cause of all the side effects I had been experiencing. My last dose was on Saturday, when I took two pills in one day, it is now Thursday and I have been experiencing a fast heart rate upon minimal exertion (80-100bpm resting, 120-155bpm standing/walking). I also experience head zaps, numbness and pins and needles in right arm/leg, diaphgram flutters, muscle spasms throughout my body and in my neck and back of head which causes migraines and vision disturbances. I have been waking up with my left eye blurry, tingling feeling in my head and face and internal tremors/shaking throughout my body, as well as chest pain and shortness of breath. In other words, it's a living nightmare. Because I have been taking this medicine as and when needed as prescribed, I now realise I have been experiencing these withdrawal symptoms from the beginning as I have not been consistent with taking them regularly. I really hope the fast heart rate thing goes away as that is bothering me the most. I am 24 with no other health issues. If anyone else has overcome the heart rate issue, please reach out.

Many thanks,

Yazmin

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

have u find the reason behind this problem

i have same issue from 5 years

plz reply me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.