Propranolol withdrawal/muscle twitching/cramps in leg

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all,

ive been on 80mg propranolol twice a day for two years for severe migraine. Ive been weaning off and am now on 20mg twice a day. Ive been weaning slowly but the last month ive had the most awful muscle twitching all over my body, horrific anxiety and cramping and lots of twitching in my left leg plus chest spasm/ pain every so often. im terrified ive got MND as even my neuro saying these are not common withdrawals. can anyone reassure me please that these are withdrawal symptoms?

thankyou Cathy

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi how are you now, im suffering from leg pain/cramps and dizzy spells after reducing my medication from 40mg to 20mg and has been two weeks and two scared to reduce more as also suffering heart pulputations. how long till you felt better and managed to get off the medication

• Posted

Hi Jane, also suffering the same including heart palpitations. Have you recovered? If so, how long did it take? I'm currently 5 days in

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.