Propranolol withdrawl from small dose of 10 mg per day taken for short period of 7 days

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had typhoid around 2 weeks back with some full-head headache (continued for 5 days). So, I guess my doctor prescribed 10mg propranolol per day for the headaches.

I discontinued the tabs after around just 6-7 days on it mostly because of low libido and reading what it does to your brain and heart in the long run.

But now I'm experiencing withdrawl symptoms. I was 2 days off of my regular dose. Then couldn't handle symptoms. Had a tab. Again 2 days off of it.

My question is how long will they persist for such a short dose and short period of intake?

[Background: I'm a very healthy and fit person, 22 years of age. Didn't take even a single medicine for an entire year before this. I had no anxiety or migraine disorder or any heart related problem and I'm always a happy and in good mood.]

Any help will be highly appreciated.?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.