propronol but scared to take it

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

For the last year or so I think I've been suffering with anxiety, had two lots of blood tests and numerous ECG but all clear.

The doc prescribed me propronol to get my hr down as I mentioned it can be in the 90s when sat doing nothing although without taking my pulse I don't notice this.

Thing is I'm scared of taking them as what if I take it when its not needed and my heart slows too much?

For the last two weeks I've been taking 10mg in a morning and have been fine, heart has slowed to the 70s which I assume is good, I'm 35. The first two days I was vthat worried I think I brought on a mini panic attack tho.

Thing is I'm not suffering the physical feelings so much but now I notice my head more. Its hard to describe other than it feels I'm loosing the plot.

If I successfully distract myself it does eventually go away but finding it so hard to concentrate at work as my head feels like afog and the simplest tasks become hard.

Is there any hope should I take more propronol? The doc said I could have 20mg up to three times a day if needed just don't know what to do

Can anyone help?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Do you have silver dental fillings? 
    • Posted

If you don't want to take medication I can highly recommend a herb called ashwagandha smile
  • Posted

i am no doctor, but feel like taking more could make you feel worse. when your heart rate slows down, you can get dizzy and sort of dopey/slow. i found that. i don't take it anymore cuz i didn't like the way i felt. my heart stopped racing yet, but ivturned a bit to mush! i think it can help when one is especially anxious in a certain situation, but unless your heart is unwell, maybe it isn't right for you as a maintenance drug. talk to your doctor though and explain how you feel.
  • Posted

Hi I am on this. Its very good. I am on 80 mg twice a day. It does calm the heart rate down and is very good. Please please dont give up . Regards Amanda
    • Posted

Hi Amanda thanks for your reply

Feel a bit silly whinging about ten when you on 80. Do you know what your heart rate was before you started on the propranolol.?

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.