proranolol to blame ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking propranolol for 5 years for migraines im 29 i take 80 mg modified realease ...... Lately i have been feeling like im dragging my body around... And having a bit of dissacociation i got told this was anxiety but i dont actually feel anxious when i feel like that. I also have a very hazy foggy memory and thinking.....  I suffer with the obvious side affects extreme dry eyes and this causes tiredness excpesially in bright floresent lights of sunlight .... I was just wondering if anyone else had has  experienced this with long term beta blocker use ? ..... The only thing is it has stopped my migraines ! aaahhhh

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Also just to add my blood pressure is constantly around 93/65 ...

• Posted

Hi neeka, I think that the right thing to do is see your gp, your blood pressure seems pretty low, I was on propanolol for anxiety and I started to feel breathless and sluggish, I am still on it but have dropped down from 160mg gradually to 40mg, I still feel my heart beating and breathless so I've decided to come off it, I know you must be worried so go and see your gp if only to get your blood pressure checked, because I think that is what's causing your symptoms hope this helps in some small way x

• Posted

Hi I've been on the same dose as you for two years, was given them by my neurologist for tremor. It was hoped they would help my migraines as well but it hasn't.

my BP was low before I started taking them but the neuro said the dose is too low to reduce it further, my BP is usually around 90/70. I get the symptoms you describe but need to stay on it for the tremor, good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.