Prostaritis then TURP afterwards

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is it too late for a prostatitis sufferer who has had a Turp? I read so many letters on here from  prostatitis suffers, but none have had a Turp. I feel so awful. I don't know what to do. Had the Turp back in late 2009. Still been suffering with prostatitis since then, even a couple months befor then.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Is it possible that I had BPH + Prostatitis at the same time and that the TURP took away the BPH, but left the prostatitis behind. Had serious urinary symptoms. Flomax didn't work. Prostatitis mainly in perrenial area.   Steve 

• Posted

You may need to go to a major medical center such as The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN or Jacksonville, FL here in the States to get this properly diagnosed and treated.

Neal

• Posted

I have been to the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville, Neal. They are of NO help whatsoever.  
    • Posted

Wow! That's too bad. Well, keep trying with other centers, and recommendations until you find one who knows what they are doing. I know that is easier said than done, but it's the only thing that might help.

Neal

• Posted

I belong to another forum.  It's called Prault.  If you go there, someone may know of a way to help you.  I remember Larry Clapp, with his book: 90 Days to Cure Prostate Cancer.  There were suggestions as to how to help with prostatitis, with diet. The flaxseed oil, low fat cottage cheese diet, was a favorite of many.  Did you remove your silver fillings, in your mouth yet?  There is a direct correlation between mercury fillings and prostate issues. That may be part or all of your problem.  I would suggest getting Larry Clapp's book: 90 Days to Cure Prostate Cancer.  I believe you can get it at Amazon.  I sympathize with your discomfort.  It would drive me nuts!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.