Prostat-psa

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went to the doctor because of the burning sensation when urinating. Doctor diagnosed urinary tract infection/prostat infection and give me an antibiotic. First PSA value is 12.

After 3 mounths I was totaly feel fine but PSA value was 7. After additional 5 mounths, my PSA value have been measured again and this time psa drop to 2.4 which is in the normal range.

I think PSA value drops slowly.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Burning sensation is not a sign of cancer, but of an infection.

If you were put on a course of antibiotics, say 14 days and the infection clears up,

you're good to go. If not, many doctors will repeat the course of antibiotics.

To combat the burning you need to alkalanise the urine. I have this problem regularly and

living in Australia, have access to a great product (not available everywhere I hear) called

URAL, a powder that comes in sachets.

Burning pee one minute, take URAL and 10 mins later, no burning whatsoever.

I cannot comment on the PSA level other than to say:

1. When the infection is cleared up, the PSA falls. Whether your fall is fast or not, I cannot tell; and
    2. When checking the PSA, please ensure you always go to the same facility as labs vary in measurements
  • Posted

Thank you for your answer.

If I eat chili then slight burning starts, but otherwise no problem.

I have written this to give information about the illness.

have a healthy day 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.