Prostate

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

I am 27. From about 2 month my doc said to me" you have prostate infiktion but all the prov result was so normal he said take doxycycline for en week I am not better after so I want to him so he said take floxcacin 750 mg two tablet and he give me as well dikloklofinak 100 mg before I sleep. After one month the symptom almost finish my doc is in his holiday and the medicin are finished so I bring same medicin from Turkey and I am continue. When should I finish take medicin. I have just little problem when I sit and Annoyances in the Urethra after I sit or after i stool. I take medicin now for about one month. Is it maybe my prostate is Congestion?

Thank you for helping me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Although probably a different diagnosis than yours, I was getting repeated urine infections last year and they each were treated successfully with the specific antibiotic  that the laboratory tests indicated were needed, but when I stopped, I was only free of infection for about a week at a time. Eventually, my GP said continue to take the same antibiotic as one a day instead of four a day, and after three months I was free of infection which didn't return for at least another 6 months. Generally they say complete the course and no more, but maybe sometimes, if the doctor agrees, it is worth continuing for longer at a lower dose. I wouldn't do this except under doctors' instructions, though.

• Posted

Hello moudar,

I wasn't sure from your post whether your tests can back positive for bacteria, indicating an infection. If the test came back negative, then you might ultimately have what's called 'non-bacterial prostatitis'. That's what I have, and I was given antibiotics to treat it. None ever helped. 

However, my last urologist referred me to physical therapy. It turns out, my hips were misaligned and causing my prostate, bladder, and surrounding muscles to stretch and cause me pain, even in my urethra (the pain radiated out to your penis, surprisingly enough).

I have no idea whether this is what is causing your issues, but it might be something to look into if the antibiotics end up not helping. If they don't, I'd recommend finding a physical therapist who specializes in treating pelvic floor issues. They can be hard to find, but it can be worth it.

Best of luck!

• Posted

Hello

Thank you for your help. I mean that it is after 4 weeks ciproflaxcacin symptom slut for about en week. I buy new medicin for one week more but today after I ejculet I sleepet about 2 hour. I waked up with pain again. Is it inflame again?

• Posted

Hi moudar,

Your doctor could tell you for sure if it's inflamed again. However, if you're in pain again, it does sound like it might be inflamed again.

Prostatitis comes in two main types: bacterial and non-bacterial. Did your doctor press on your prostate, then collect fluid from the tip of your penis, and then do a test for bacteria? Or sometimes they have you urinate after they press on your prostate - they're making the prostate release prostatitic fluid, which is what can be infected by bacteria.

If you did test positive for bacteria, then you have bacterial prostatitis and it'd be a good idea to go back to your doctor and try to find another anti-biotic that works for you.

Most cases of prostatitis are non-bacterial (90-95%) though. Doctors usually treat nonbacterial prostatitis with antibiotics, but in many cases, the antibiotics don't help. 

If you have the non-bacterial type of prostatitis, I'd recommend looking into finding a physical therapist who treats pelvic floor issues. My prostatitis was actually due to a hip problem - my bones weren't aligned and my prostate, bladder, and the surrounding muscles were being stretched and inflamed.

Hope you recover soon and best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.