Prostate and Desmopressin Spray

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Please can someone answer this? Last week I

saw my Uro and he prescribed me Desmopressin 0.83mcg/spray due to I have 3-4 trips, and stop and start urinating several times at night, today I went to the pharmacy they said is not cover by insurance and its costs $700 for 10 times use. Does any one have experience with this?

Thank You in advance.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

i do have BPH and do take desmopressin but not for BPH. I have found that it does lessen nightime trips however. I take .1 mg tablets. it is covered by insurance(medicare) in US. I take 3-4 tabs/day and

90 day cost is mid 200's without insurance. With insurance it was much much less . 20 or 30 dollars if I remember right. I take desmopressin for diabetes insipidus.

Tom C

• Posted

hey tjcal I have searched your condition and I think I have the same issue. Every time I pee I have very very foamy urine, and also a burning feeling that goes up and down. Do any of these symptoms sound familiar?

• Posted

Hi you all

I have used Desmopressin spray and not for BPH , it has been twice before prostate biopsy and then FLA and it has been due to I'm hemophilic and it helps releasing factor VIII from cells , both times I had to drink very little amount of liquid as its main effect is to retain fluids in the body it is also called antidiuretic hormone , I would rather do self cath before going to bed to empty bladder .

• Posted

In response to drummer.

No I don't really suffer from foamy urine or any pain or burning. Just frequent urination and excessive thirst.

TJCAL

• Posted

Ty for replying this information it is definately helpful. Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.