PROSTATE ARTERY EMBLOSIATION

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have BPH for the last 4 mouths and would like to get some 2019 update on PAE .I hear a lot of peaple get bad results and some good.I hear they send these beads into the lobes to cut of the blood suply and therfore shrink the prostate.Not the whole prostate is cut off as you still need a some what working prostate.The inner adenoma gland is the one that is close to the urethra that is the that needs to shrink.Retrograde ejackulation I hope you get back after awile as it is connective to the medium lobe ducks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Most replies will be anecdotal so I suggest you research for some recent clinical studies on PAE. Even then the circumstances you find yourself in may make you more or less suitable for the procedure, any decision around Prostate intervention isn't straight forward.

I am now 4 years on from my PAE procedure, for a relatively small Prostate with no median lobe problems. The procedure is now very well established with clinical outcomes becoming clearer. It is by no means a silver bullet but for me at least the outcome has been good. However, it is not a "cure", I am not back to my 20 year old self, far from it. My symptoms are much relieved and I believe that the slippery slope towards requiring something more drastic has been at least slowed.

It is this that I think is the most significant outcome. If my current circumstances persist ad infinitum I could probably live with the "problems" I still have for the rest of my life. My hope of course is that there will be a procedure in the future that will return me to my 20 year old self entirely and my PAE has bought me the time to wait for it.

I have recently read anecdotal evidence that PAE causes retrograde ejaculation, I can assure you that when I researched the procedure this wasn't indicated as a potential problem and it isn't one I suffer from.

My only complaint about my PAE is the variation in how my Prostate performs, sometimes it can feel and perform like I am my 20 year old self again, but it doesn't last. I can still get urgency and frequency but it is easily tolerated. Most of the time I am very happy with the outcome and would recommend the procedure to anyone suitable as a first step in attempting to arrest their symptoms before considering anything more drastic.

• Posted

THanks for the enfo and for the more dramatic as in turp

• Posted

Two things that effect the outcome of PAE: 1.) Different patients have different prostate artery anatomy making the outcome unpredictable until it is performed. 2.) Different doctors have different experience and skills in PAE. So I would say there is a big element of luck with PAE. I'd be curious about the results of studies on PAE.

• Posted

I choose PAE based on all the research I was able to find. And the fact that I could only find a very few bad stories. Many men who feel their prostate procedure was successful aren't going to post about it, but I believe a higher percentage of men who are unhappy after a procedure will post online. The PAE studies don't show negative impacts to sexual health and most of the other procedures have various rates of ED, RE, etc.

I experienced RE whenever I took silodosin (rapaflo), but I still switched between that and tamsulosin as they both bothered me, but switching up the side effects once and a while was better than the same problems all the time.

I'm also hoping to buy time while more research progresses. I'm interested in Gat/Goren but I wonder why it hasn't spread to other Dr.'s?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.