Prostate Artery Embolization (PAE) in Canada

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anybody here done PAE in Canada ?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Martass,

    Have not seen any posts regarding a Canadian PAE so far. Plenty in US, Europe and Australia (mine was in Oz.)

    So if you want to learn about the procedure and various outcomes plenty in these forums. Sorry though no info re Canadian Doctor - good luck.


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Dr. Welsh in Calgary, is a specialist in vascular and interventional radiology, including uterine artery embolization, and prostate artery embolization (PAE) - a novel, minimally invasive treatment for prostatic symptoms.

    Doctors from Mayfair Diagnostics have been performing this procedure for five years at Calgary’s Rockyview General Hospital.

    Dr.Welsh did my biopsy, otherwise I have no more info on this procedure in Calgary.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up