Prostate BPH - FLA in Houston UPDATE

Posted , 36 users are following.

It is now 8 weeks since my FLA operation in Houston.  Things could not be better. I have a good healthy stream and I have started to sleep right through the night without having to get up to pee. This is something that has not happened for so long that I thought getting up 6 or 7 times was normal.  There has been no collateral damage whatsoever; no retrograde, no incontinence and no ED.  It's almost as if I never had BPH.  I wish everyone good luck in their own personal search for a remedy.

2 likes, 129 replies

129 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Peter , what is your progress now  after 8 months ?   Im just 3 weeks after FLA , relief is coming  . All we with big median  lobe  have good progress with FLA.  Stan
  • Posted

Congratulations on your success!!  What is your doctor's name?  And if he is not in the Houston area, where is he located?   Thanks

• Posted

Hi guys, I had FLA done by Dr. K 7 days ago. It seems the recovery goes as axpected. Hoping to take cath out today. 
    • Posted

Thanks for the comment vic.  Good luck to you.  I am considering Dr. K in the future.
    • Posted

Vic    I hope all goes well with you.   Were you part of the trails?   Ken
    • Posted

I was a self pay. Paid cash  it seems the insurance is not covering this though I will still file a claim
    • Posted

You have to keep on filing .  I think John had to do that when he had his a few years ago.  Ken.  
    • Posted

I had no luck with insurance, they covered a very small amount even though the individual codes should have been covered, you know like anesthesia for example. I was able to get some of it back on my tax return - this year it may not be possible with changes to the tax code as far as I understand.
    • Posted

Congratulations Vic. Taking the catheter out was the big step for me in my recovery, it just gets better and better after that.

I am 5 months post FLA and doing great. It is especially nice to be off BPH medication after so many years. Be interested to follow your progress in the weeks ahead.

Rick

• Posted

Hi Peter, congratulations!, I had the same done with the same good results and I wish others would realize how good it is, kind regards Brian.
  • Posted

Two weeks after FLA, it seems the things are getting back to normal. Although there some pink spots in underwear and some pain when uro I feel it reduces from day to day. I’ve been taken two flowmax pills daily but this weekend will go down to one as dr. K advised.  Still have to get up at night at least once. From what I have read it seems 5 weeks after cath out is a magic number. It sounds promising will wait and see
    • Posted

Perfect Vic smile    Pls avoid strong  physical   activity   ( big manual  work,  bicycling,  e.t.c..  ) to not irritate  prostate.  Be in  relax mode.    I have had problems with  this and  imflamatiion took a place.   After 1 month of  enzyme  serrapeptase  500.000  daily,   and  12 days of total FASTING  ( just water )  , Im  feeling much better  and can  say  FLA is  nice success . My FLA   was in April  3rd. .  Best Wishes, Stan .      
    • Posted

April 3rd, by now you should have left all the complication behind. Isn't what it is?  Thx for the advices 

• Posted

Hi Vic, I haven't been on this board for some time and was wondering how things are going for you.

I am 7 months out from my procedure and continue to be doing great. The slight prostate ache I had been feeling is gradually fading away and there have been no other side effects. I plan on calling Dr. K this week just to check in and see if his clinical trial is progressing.

Rick

• Posted

Hey Rick,

I think I’m doing ok. One month from FLA A little sore when I urinate and still some blood at the beginning. Defenitaly see improvements. Healthy flow. Sometime I don’t even get up at night or if I do it is just once   Suprisely the volume at ehaculation well increased. I don’t have any prostate pain. If I sit for a long time I feel it. I wouldn’t call it pain it is kind of heave.  From time to time I have minor testicle pain but seems to be getting better. Couple days ago dr K called to check on me and he said that I’m on the right track and he didn’t see any abnormalities.  Rick as far as I understand after seven months you should be completely healed, is not it what it is? I’m also wondering if the Prostate can grow back and how long it may take. 

• Posted

Hi Vic,

Good to hear you are doing so well, especially after one month. It keeps getting better from here on out.

I assume the prostate will continue to grow, it is a race depending on it's growth rate and your age.We can always return to Dr. K for round 2.

Rick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.