Prostate cancer and psa

Posted , 3 users are following.

My father diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer in dec 2017 . Doctor start hormone therapy with 2 zoladex ( 1st in January 2nd in march) and prescribed calutide tablet one a day.

Psa in January 228 ( high due to turp)

Psa in april 0.987

Psa in August 2.93

Psa in November 11.3

I am worried about his rising psa

Can calutide with zoladex is more effective

Does hormone therapy is failing

I am very worried any one can help in this regards

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi An 1947. You're lucky enough to have your father still surviving from March 2017. My husband survived stage 3, Gleason 8 for 19,5 months. We had gone via Alternative Natural Therapy (Kosher diet, fruits, nuts and supplements), though he did have two hormonal (Pamorelin 11.25 mg) twice, which are the max number you can get. The first shot was very effective but the second one did not do anything at all. PSA is not a very reliable gauge , other exams would be needed. He succumbed not to PC of prostate but due to other complications and to sudden heart failure. He was 79. I hope you have a good urologist you can trust. Getting another one or 2 opinions could help with your decisions. We got to 5 urologists and found the most compassionate, understanding one in the 5th. Good luck to you and your father. I am out of this Forum as there's no need to participate any longer, having lost my husband, the reason I wanted to hear from other patients. Please try not to get stressed as well as the patient . Prayers do help. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.