Prostate Cancer Biopsy Results

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am due to get to get my prostate cancer biopsy results next week.If I want to get a second option (nation health ) can anybody tell me what to do.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi - my husband had his prostate biopsy 2 weeks ago and has received a follow up appointment which is in another 6 weeks. 8 weeks seems a long time to wait for his results. Can I ask how long you had to wait. Thanks.
    • Posted

Sue---l had the biopsy nearly 3 weeks ago and my 

nurse told me this week she does not have the results. I had an MRI scan this morning and have an appointment at the end of next week,Who   knows what's going to happen then!!  I was told I had PC before the biopsy,based on the bum test and a very high PSA figure.   It is very hard waiting.My wife is really worried waiting to find out what's going to happen.          Washie

Washie

• Posted

Hi Washie

Since I sent message the hospital have let us know the appointment we got today was a mistake and the correct appointment is in 2 weeks time. My husband hasn't been told he definitely has PC but following his bum test and a PSA level of 900 his GP seems almost certain. He had a bone scan this week but hasn't had an MRI scan.

I completely understand how worried your wife is as I feel the same. Thanks for getting back to me.

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.