Prostate Cancer has reurned

Posted , 4 users are following.

Years ago I had prostate cancer and I thought I was cured, but recently it has come back.

I summarize my position.

I would like to discuss my cancer. 

Is this the right place, and how do I proceed?

Any ideas?

%%% %%%

Dec 1994: PSA 10

Jan 1995: Biopsy negative

Apr 2001: PSA 21.7; Biopsy negative, but repeat positive.

Jun 2001: RP (Gleason 7, large prostate, 95% cancer free but localized cancer)

Jul – Aug 2005 Radiation (70 Grays)

Recent PSA Readings

14 Aug 2107                    1.98

4 Jul 2017                         1.67

9 Jan 2017                        0.77

13 Oct 2014                      0.14

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, this is the right place to discuss prostate cancer - cures - treatments and others experiences. You recent PSA in October doesn't look bad at all. Did your urologist tell you the cancer was back? There are many things that can cause PSA levels to increase other than prostate cancer. I was diagnosed nearly 2 years ago. Gleason score of 6.5 and PSA was at 5.6. I looked at many treatment options including active surveillance. I choose to get treatment and get rid of the cancer. I chose the low dose radiation seed implants. That was a little over a year and a half. At my last check up which was this past June, my PSA was 0.15 and that is excellent according to my urologist. So your 0.14 looks pretty good to me. The main thing is not to panic. What does your doctor say about this?

• Posted

Dear Noel

I can quite understand your concern.  It is not the reading that would concern me but the rate of increase.   I would make an appointment to see your doctor in the near future so that he can refer you without delay.

All the best. Richard

• Posted

how old are you?

Discuss with dr.  with increase of PSA concern is appropriate.  In my case next week I am having a PET Scan with Axumin to try to pinpoint the cells.  your PSA is still not too high.

I am sure others will comment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.