Prostate check

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just a thought those of us who may have sons might think to explain our prostate symptoms to them at an appropriate time especialy if we have PC.

Most of us found out what we know the hard way.

The majority of men dont know where the prostate is and dont know what it does! As for the symptoms of Pc they are truly in the dark.

After 50ish an annual physical with the GP would be a great idea.

4 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Thats true.  We have to take care of us and our sons.  I was born in the 50's and my father never talked to me or my brother about sex and he most likely didn't know what a prostate was I on the other hand tell my sons what is going on with me.  They are aware of anything that can happen with a mans body.  The internet helps and information is the key.  Take care  Ken  
  • Posted

For real. I had no idea what a prostate was untill mine began giving me trouble around age 19. My father had issues with his at a young age as well. My dad would have severe pain if he ate even the slightest spicy food as a result of multiple turp surgeries in the Air Force. Those occasions were the only times I heard anyone speak of a prostate. I can't believe the gland was never mentioned in sex ed. At least not that I can recall. If I ever have boys I will definitely make them aware of it.
    • Posted

Maybe that would be a good idea. To talk about the body and the way it works not just the act  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.