Prostate Cyst

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

About 8 months ago I started getting urine frequency then later pelvic pain started and would go down into my testicles. A MRI of the prostate showed a 15x12 utricle cyst. 

The first Uologist I went to did a Cystoscopy and saw no blockage cause by the cyst. He then said there was nothing else he could do for me.

My DR decided to treat me for prostatitst and put me on Flomax. It help relieve the symptoms, but they did not go away and I still got flare ups.

I went to a different Uologist and at first he said that cysts are very common and don't normally cause a problem. I then did a wee flow test and in that time he checked my MRI. When I got back he said that the cyst is actually larger then he normally sees and the position it's in could actually affect the flow but he couldn't"t be sure and it would not be the cause of the frequency or pelvic pain.   He checked my wee flow test and said 75% men pee better then me.

He did not recommend having the cyst removed. He then diagnosed me with prostodynia.

My question is could the cyst really be the cause of the problems? I read that they can present the same symptoms as prostatitis, inclufding frequency and sever pelvic pain

thanks for your help

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Will no one offer me advice with this?
  • Posted

Your doctor discouraging you from and surgery is a good sign.

Prostatodynia = CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome)

Cysts can cause these types of problems, and so can CPPS.

The cheapest and least painful way is exercising (not sitting all day) , and eating healthier diets (lose weight), if they apply to you.

You can check my previous replies as they refer to posts that you can Google:

CPPS, Yoga, Sitz Bath

FYI - Antibiotics have the ability to act as an Anti-inflammatory medication, which could explain the temporary relief that you are achieving. You may be able to accomplish the same with exercises and aspirins before your Sitz bath..

Even if these approaches fail (log your results → see CPPS post), you have more information to attack your problem. Cutting you should be a last resort.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply,

I have found exercise to make the symtoms flare up, I can"t even push my children on a swing for to long with out feeling my pain.

I use to spend 30 min a day on a cross trainer and now if I spend 5min I get a flare up, even being on Flowmaxtra. 

My DR thinks it will go away with time. I hope he is right

• Posted

Just to be clear, activity and pelvic exercises are not the same thing.

I would get shooting pains from just walking at times, or getting in / out bed; standing up eating was less painful.

Pelvic exercises zero in on your pelvic area, and act like a trigger point releasing built up pressure / pain, while stretching the pelvic region; allowing your internal parts to move freely again w/o discomfort. Just like when your calf hurts, and you massage the area to get the blond flowing to help relieve the pain. 

Urologist told me that "there was nothing wrong that he could see", and responded to my exercise type request with "if it hurts, don't do it" response.

Never would have imagined a Yoga exercise doing the trick.

Nothing to lose trying it; heck even make your kids laugh that daddy can't do a somersault smile

• Posted

Very interesting what you are saying and I will certainly give it ago. I very much appreciate your advice.

since you started these excersies have you been able to do normal activity without discomfort?

• Posted

That was in 2015 as I blogged about it; after 3-4 days of Yoga exercise (3X daily), I was back to normal ? couldn't believe it!

I am not saying this is going to work for you 100%, but it's relatively easy and only costs you your time. You have nothing to lose.

Like I said, you can Google info in my previous replies that will lead you to the Yoga exercise. Combining it with a Sitz bath (using a regular sized bathtub), helps with discomfort as well.

• Posted

I am very interested. What Yoga poses are you talking about ? Can I have a link to your blog ? Thanks. Hank

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.