Prostate disease

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

My doctor tells me i have Prostate disease because i told him i have my last wee before i go to sleep about 3am but between then and 6 i can get up 2 or sometimes 3 times for a wee it's driving me mad feel so tired all the time.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Just going to the bathroom two or three times during the night wouldn't normally mean a prostate problem, especially if you've had a lot to drink before going to bed.  What tests have you had done?

• Posted

Not ahd any tests they just said it's Prostate disease i have my last cup of tea at 10pm latest then just had sips of water

• Posted

A doctor told you this and then didn't organise some tests??

• Posted

yes i told i was getting up a few times in the night and he just told me that, and said i can give you tablets if it gets bad. That was about 2 weeks ago.
    • Posted

I think I'd ask for a second opinion if I were you.  If you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you could update this thread and tell us what another doctor says, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

• Posted

yes i am in UK will search now. thank you.

PS i don't have much look with doctors they also told me last year i have emphysema changes and to start exercising and have a good diet.

• Posted

It's not impossible they might tell you to go back to your GP, but they're supposed to cover urinary tract stuff too, and there will normally be a urologist there.  They're not just for STI testing.

• Posted

You could call them to ask.
    • Posted

I will go back to docotrs see what they say this time. i did have bloods last week for glucose and cholesterol not sure what else they tested for but that was before i told them about this problem.
  • Posted

It probably is your prostate starting to interfere with your usual urinary routine, however, prostate disease is not exactly a precise diagnosis. I'm 66 and I have minimal cancer - monitored, but not requiring treatment -  and bladdder neck problems but not enlargement of any significance. I started with the symptoms you describe at about your age. Welcome to the Third Age of life! I agree that more tests would be the logical next step, but unless you are concerned about cancer (eg it's common in your family) it's hopefully just an inconvenience and your doctor may be right to wait and see how things develop. I sympathise with the sleep issues. However, by my calculation you only expect to sleep for three hours a night? Going to bed earlier may be worthwhile to compensate for the sleep disruption!

• Posted

Thanks for the reply cancer is in my family my dad died 59 pancreatic and sister 61 lung and throat sad I had a ct scan last august looking for cancer checked most things and i know one was pancreas so would of thought they would see my prostate ? and they told me i had a bowl problem gall stones and emphysema changes but that 7 or 8 months ago now.

Last night had a wee at 1.30 went to sleep and got woke up with support email at 3.30 so had another wee then again at 6 lol not sure why i am laughing

• Posted

How much sleep do you get on an average night?
    • Posted

i go to sleep between 2 and 3am wake up a few times for wee then wide awake at 6 but try to get more and nod of an on for anoter 2 hours then get up. I also try to have an hour at teatime if i get the chance.
    • Posted

That's an unusual sleep pattern, and it sounds like you're getting at most six hours sleep a day.  Do you work shifts?

• Posted

No i run my own business and work all the time and if i have a few hours off i am still on call ready if needed. never have an holliday but my fault i love working been like this all mylife.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.