Prostate enlargemnt in younger age

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 22 years old male and diagnosed with prostate enlargemnt. I had my first UTI when i was 15 years old. After that i had UTI once or twice the year till i was 20. Two years ago i started facing frequent utis and continous irritation in penis. Main problem was pain in ejaculation and irritation in penis anytime. One year ago the doctor (urologist) asked me to undergo cystoscopy, at that time my full bladder volume was around 300ml and pastvoid above 100ml. Peak flow rate of urine was 13.7ml/s. After the cystoscopy i was told that i have a bladder like of a 50 years old man. I was prescribed tamsulosin for 6 months and a follow up after that. After 6 months of tamsulosin my full bladder volume was around 470ml and pastvoid below 40ml. And peak flow rate was still 13.7ml/s so i was again prescribed tamsulosin for 3 months. Today it has been 9 months since i m taking tamsulosin and now my prevoid and pastvoid is still around 470 and 40. But peak flow rate is decreased to 12.7ml/s. I have follow up with my doctor next week. I am very worried about my future and marrital life. I am still suffering from painfull ejaculation but i dont feel irritation in my penis anytime now. I dont want to undergo any surgery whose side effects can affect my sex life.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry dany, nothing is going to affect your sex life okay... All you gotta do is to pray to God then follow your doctor's advice and all will be good in no time... Cheers

• Posted

Thankyou cherish. Praying to God is the only thing i can do now. Because my disease is very sensitive.
  • Posted

Hi Danyal, I had similar issue after UTI at 21, though not much pain mainly slow and frequent urination. I had one bladder measurement session but no follow up like you. I think you are right to be cautious of surgery: I had surgery when 30 so say to investigate and remove a bladder stone, but surgeon said he made small snip which made problem worse and after that I was on first indoramin and now tamsulosin ever since (I am now 58). Good news is that the drugs have managed the condition well and I have not noticed side effects of the tamsulosin, and no problems with ejaculation or UTIs. My urologist (at Southampton) recommended dietary adjustments to avoid cloudy urine and potential bladder stones, and this is worth investigating I think. I now avoid grapefruit and eat rye bread for example. I also found much generally healthier including prostate (and better developed in gym) now I eat a mainly vegan diet, with plenty of beans/tofu and very little animal products (Mayo clinic confirms this is helpful). Also very important to keep generally fit. I wonder why you get repeated UTIs, suggests something dormant in the prostate that occasionally flares up? Does this happen when you are stressed, miss sleep or get run down? I find these factors are significant and can cause slower than normal urination and occasionally differently smelling urine. I am uncut which may help if infection is getting in from the tip in your case.

I think that for both of us there may be some organism dormant in the prostate that accounts for the early prostate enlargement and the flare-ups. I hope one day this may be better understood but I have not heard any progress in last 30 years.

I think we have what they call 'chronic prostatitis' here:

http://www.webmd.com/men/guide/prostatitis#1

I'd be interested to hear any further progress you have made.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.