Prostate Issues - Please share your thoughts

Posted , 3 users are following.

36 y/o male

5'10" 200 lbs

Fairly active, been a weightlifter all my life.

Mental health is good, physical health is pretty good - aches and creaks but blood work is good.

Years back I withheld masturbation for a month since I was doing it daily and felt out of control. I went back to it a month later feeling like a champ and had a series of painful ejaculations. The pain went away but my prostate was enlarged and caused me to have funky ejaculations from there on. My prostate would be swollen and I'd get really physically anxious afterwards. Not feeling like my normal self. Urine frequency and the like changed too.

I saw 2 urologists. They said everything looks good even after an exam and some urine tests.

They scoffed at ideas of bacterial or fungal infections for me.

They said I could use Flomax but that it might not help so I skipped it.

They suggested biofeedback and I went for one session and stopped. Some chick was skin rolling my inner thigh and I was like wtf am I doing here this is stupid.

Here I am years later and still have issues.

I ejaculated recently and had a swollen prostate, I was super anxious, I feel like my tonsils swelled up, and I can feel my prostate/Anus is swollen. It feels like my vitality gets drained and im tired. It changes the way that I pass gas for sure and when it's swollen it can affect how I pee.

I mostly don't have issues with urine. When I'm swollen I'm peeing more often and seem to be really thirsty.

Over the last several days I've ejaculated multiple times and the swelling and anxiety decreased a bit but I still feel weird. If I don't EJ it seems to help the most.

Where I left off last time is that I must have BPH and there's not a good solution for me. I'm back looking at this and saying wtf to myself again.

I'm looking at pelvic floor exercises to loosen that up after finding some newer research online. My body is stiff from lifting and not stretch in my life, so I'll be doing that.

Also, I had been taking Amoxicillin (antibiotics) when I was on my original month long abstinence I mentioned up top. Not sure that has any relevance.

Can anyone make sense of what I'm experiencing and why? I feel like I should be able to kick this - wanting to make some changes.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

In your discussions with your doctor/urologist, regarding your blood work.

Have you had your PSA checked? What was the #? (Was it before/after ejaculation?)

Has an ultrasound been done?

• Posted

PSA has been done. Range is 0 - 4.0 and mine was 0.7. This was without ejaculation.

No ultrasound has been done. Just the rectal exam and urine tests and the test to make sure I'm emptying all the way, which I am.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.