Prostate issues, sudden erections

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello, I'm hitting 70 and recently started having sudden erections during the day (not related to anything), that sometimes end with ejaculations. 

Any info is appreciated

Thanks

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Haven;t a clue but some old guys might get jealous.

Seriously, I can see what a problem this could be.

Tom

• Posted

An obvious bulge in his trousers and stains on his trousers might be regarded as a problem:-)

• Posted

I would not cal it a problem.

That is havenly luck. It does not matter the age, it could be for good cause.

Maybe, miracle just happened.

• Posted

I have a feeling that you are tease at the expense of us oldtimers who can't do this!!
  • Posted

Ask  your doctor if your heart is healthy enough for sex, and if it is then give your wife a nice treat!  And if you are not married then start talking to your neighbor!    A rare treat for someone.     Sick em tiger!!
  • Posted

For some reason your body is having  wet dreams during the day.  but it is normal    It s called a spontaneous erection.  Try not to think about t.  It may be a blessing for you .Also are you taking any homones.  It can change your body.  If you have it while your home.  Have some fun and just relax.  But if it is getting to be to much of a problem talk with your doctor.  Good liuck  Ken    
  • Posted

Not wanting to alarm you, but this is so unusual as to merit telling your doctor soon. Something could be going on in your brain in or near the pituitary gland, which controls hormone levels. If a pituitary tumour, they are usually non-cancerous, but build up of pressure from even a benign growth will eventually be very dangerous and so should be checked for and treated if found.

Hope you can tell us how you get on with any investigations, and wishing you well.

Peter

• Posted

Perhaps you can tell men in your age group what arouses you.
  • Posted

I recommend having your testosterone blood level checked by your doctor. It could be the cause for your erections.
  • Posted

If you do find out the cause of your "problem" please let us know. Just the cause, don't worry about the cure.
  • Posted

This phenomenon is sometimes seen in men suffering from PTSD.

Good suggestion about the pituitary and hormone levels.

Check with your doc.  A medication or a combination of meds could be causing the issue.

Kinau

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.