prostate MRI

Posted , 7 users are following.

Biopsy 3 years ago wit 1 core abnormality. 3 years later mri as my psa is fluctuating, Pi rad 3, everything else is normal. Anyone else with similar situation?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The Urologist I've been seeing for about 5 years now wants to do a TURP on me. I have BPH but not a very large prostate. It must be growing just right though, because it sure blocks me up.

I get yearly blood tests and my psa level has been very high, other times over the last 3 years probably a little above average for my age. I've been doing cic for most of that time. First they wanted to do a Green Light Laser on me because I was not able to pee at all. I declined and decided to keep on doing cic as it was easy for me and I enjoyed the other advantages to surgery. Now they want to do a TURP instead (I"m not sure why he changed his mind; I guess because I wasn't going for the laser on such short notice) but his secondary reason was to get some tissue for a biopsy due to my elevated psa level. I'm getting a lot of info that a man's psa level is not a good indicator of prostate cancer. Especially if one is using catheters that alone is enough to elevate the level readings..

• Posted

Biopsy results all negative and the same area from the 1st biopsy 3 years ago says PROSTATIC TISSUE WITH FOCUS OF SMALL ATYPICAL GLANDS, SUSPICIOUS FOR

ADENOCARCINOMA. I see my Dr. next Thurs.

• Posted

Met with Dr. today to review results. I am fine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.