Prostate problems??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started having peeling problems years ago didn't bother me put it down to shy bladder as it often happen in public urinals.  I started sitting down to pee. 

Until after a few years one day I could not pee at all. I was not in any pain just couldn't pee. Went for test had a CT found kidney stone which I think had been there for a while.  Urologist said it must be the stone. I said how did I get it and he told me I wasn't drinking enough. It was only a single stone 5mm. He scheduled some lithotripsy. Before the procedure a started drinking more water so I was peeing more often. One da I peed a lot of milky white stuff that freak me a little . Couple of days later I was needing to go to pee all the time I could not sleep at all for wanting to pee. I was not in much pain just could not stop needing to go all the time just a constant feeling of needing to go all the time. It wa bad during the day but it was he'll on earth at night to the point I thought about topping myself I thought there was no way this way going to go away. Urologist prescribed tamulosin and that helped a lot. 

I did the lithotripsy and that did not work I got one tiny bit of stone out. The tamulosin works for the peeing symptoms but I still get times when I need to pee at night in bed but I can control it.

FORWARD 2 years --

I now have a pain in my kidney on the spot they did the lithotripsy and pain in my tummy groin and left hip area and pain down the inside of my thighs form time to time. Another urologist says forget the stone it's not coming out and suggest I have prostatitis and should take anti biotics states my prostrate is a normal size. Now does this mean if I get rid of the prostatic is the I can come off the tamulosin....or is it two separate problems. My FIRTS urologist state I have a small prostate but it is still causing problems with peeing but second said it may be prostatitis and want me to take cipro for 4 weeks. I am not in a lot of pain and these anti bio tics do seem to have major side effects. I have take 3 and feel very weird. I suppose my question is I think I may have a bladder problem and not prostate ?. I have had a cytoscope and it was all clear.  Any contributions of thought s would be good.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi John,

Did your second urologist verify bacterial prostatitis or a UTI with urine and/or /blood testsAntibiotics is the usual first course for people with prostatis and usually doesn't work because most prostatis is non bacterial and chronic. If you can stick to at least 2 weeks of cipro you should know whether or not it's working. If your tendons in your foot start to swell, stop it immediately. I took cipro for several years for UTI's with no problem, then on the 7th day of a 2 week course I woke up unable to walk with a red swollen foot. Turns out there's a warning on cipro for it causing tendonitis. My foot looked like an uncooked meatloaf for about a week. Won't take cipro again. The tamulosin basically improves you stream. Without it the stone may block you up again. Is the stone in your bladder or in your kidney? If they are bladder stones, a uro can go in with a cystoscope and crush them. I had a bunch done about 7 months ago, they were 2-3mm, not 5mm like yours. 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. The stone is in my kidney and my current urologist says forget about it. I still get mild peeing symptoms and some pain in my side and hips a groin. I have taken 3 cipro and felt dizzy nausea floating unreal feeling and very weak. I stopped it waiting on the doc to get my letter form the urologist as it is all verbal at the moment as my urologist letter is still not at the GP. Urologist has discharged me basically. GP decided to treat just on my telling him what the urologist said.
    • Posted

Hi John,

If it made you feel that bad it's good you stopped the cipro. It doesn't sound like your urinating symptoms are that bad. If you stop the tamsulosin and you start to get blocked up you can just start taking it again.  I've taken it once a day for months at a time. I also have taken it two days a week for weeks at a time. I got feelings of muscle strength loss and stuffed nose from the tamsulosin. If I can do without it I do. If I start getting a restricted flow I start up again.   Prostatis has become a kind of catch phrase. In some cases I think it means the doctor doesn't know what's causing the symptoms.

Good luck,

Bob

• Posted

Apart from the kidney stone and having had a huge prostate I have had your other symptoms. My only advice is to ask for an alternatiive to Tamsulosin as it can cause eye problems and sexual dysfunction.
  • Posted

hi, john332,

am 48 yrs old ive got prostatittisi was given a 3-4 week course of doxycycline

100 mg they worked for me, also i went to the heath shop and brought

some saw-palmeto, i take 1 tab a day and feeling not to bad,

and i take aloe- vera for my kidneys , great doing the trick .

you need to drink at least 2-liters of water every-day with out fail also you need to do prostate exercise 10 mins a day, every day

that inclueds by holdind or tensing your scrotum mussle for 5-10 sec then relax

do this 6 times for 10 min a day it will srengthen your ecrections and help with your bladder problem, the key is drink lots of water flush you out and good for your kidneys, try that let me know how you feel m8 .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.