Prostate problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 50 years old. my prostate size is 50cc. now small qty. of urine is leaking automatically. some burning at the head of panies. what can I do now?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

New Morning my Frind.  Im sorry that your having a problem at your young age.  There are so many procedures out there that will help .  What did you urologist say.  Don't have any surgery they will cause you more problem and the worst it will mess with your sex life.  THere are procedure out there that are less invasive that will help you.  Is your bladder ok.  There is Urolift, PAE,  Rezum and FLA  just to name a few. Get some informaton o n the internet.  Look at the pros and cons of all of them Take care  Ken  

• Posted

RA, Kenneth is so right. Learn all you can. I researched hard for 20 straight months and looked deep into each of the procedure Ken mentions. You must understand each completely before you chose one. I went fla and was very blessed but you should understand each and their results. 

John 

• Posted

Thanks John.....that is true ask question and if you don't understand tell the doctor I what to know .  There is a man on here that is going through hell because he did not understand.  He is 38 had back surgery 11 1/2 hour.  Of course he had a catheter but when the nurse put it in she did not bring the forskin back over the head.  When he woke up his penis was swallon and they told him that he had to have a circumcesion He ended up having 2 done.  Alot of scare tissue can't have sex with his wife. And he is very depressed.  Can't pee has to do CIC but the doctor told him that his prostate was to big.  The doctor ask him if he was planning on any more kid.  The doctor told him he needed a mini turp.  He did not know what was going on.  He never was told what a turp would do to him. At 38 that doctor should have done something else.  He did not have any problem when he went into the hospital for his back now he is a mess and what to die but he keeps going because he has 2 small kids.  I just got a email from him there doing a small surgery on wed because he is bleeding from the CIC and the scare tissue.  He does not know what kind  I told him to ask before he goes in.  I think there going to do another turp to fix the first one.  Please men keep himhe your preayer.  He needs all the hell he can get.  I will say a payer for him on wednesday morning that all goes well.  A man at any age should not be going through hell   Take care all and god bless

• Posted

I'm have BPH too with a ~45cc prostate.  A couple of years ago back I started to get post void dribble and small amounts of leakage at times.  My urology nurse suggested doing Kegel exercises and urethral milking which has improved the leaks but not the dribble.  So I wear a small incontinence pad which helps with that problem.  

• Posted

Well, I am 65 yrs. old and after about 8 yrs. of slowly experiencing slow flow, dribbling and not being able to empty my bladder, getting up 3 times a night, I researched several options and finally settled on the Urolift procedure which I had performed yesterday. I had a very rough night last night with the cathader which I removed this morning. There were several blood clots clogging up the tube and I had blood leakage around the head of the penis. Since I removed the cathader, I feel much better, the urine has cleared up and I still have the usual post op issues which should subside in the coming days. I selected this procedure because I will still have my normal sexual functions as where the Turp procedure you will lose ejaculation capability. I will keep everyone updated on my progress over the next few weeks to report how I am progressing. I am hoping I made the right decision for my BPH.
    • Posted

Good evening DD.  Did your doctor tell you that you can removed the catheter .  I had it done and it was keep in for 3 days so the prostate could heall.  I wish you well and hope all goes well  Ken
    • Posted

i have recently had Focal laser ablation 60 days ago with total success and no sexual side effects only a large increase of ejaculation fluid. No blood but volume is like 20 years ago. Very pleased. And good Luck in your treatment. I am also 65. Life is now so good. I suffered for 8 years and had a 125 cc. Prostate by treatment time. FLA was wonderful.
    • Posted

Ken,

I am 6 days post op and things are going pretty good...still urinating frequently, especially when I run water in the sink, makes me run to the bathroom...Thanks for the info on intercourse after procedure...I will take your advice...I am going for following up on Mar. 7 so I will see what the doctor says about my recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.