prostate problems or hemorrhoids?

Posted , 7 users are following.

im trying to figure out if im having prostate problems or hemorrhoids. i've had prostatitis on and off for the past couple years. when it flares, it usually feels like an intense burning sensation on the tip of my penis and in the urethra. my flow isn't affected unless it's really bad.

for the past couple days, however, i've had the sensation of there being something in my anus (sort of like a golf ball) accompanied by itching and discomfort when sitting. it's extremely annoying/painful. i'm not having my typical prostate urinary problems, so im wondering if it sounds like hemorrhoids or prostate stuff to you.

anyway, sorry for whatever brought you guys here. i really appreciate any informed input.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Good evening.  To me it sounds like hemorrhoids.  If your not having any problem peeing.  Do you have a wife or a girlfriend that could check for you.  You can get some hemorrhoid cream and try that.  It will stop the itching.  Ken
  • Posted

Appears hemorrhoids problem. Try using some ointments like Anusol etc. Visit to the Doc may still be necessary for further advice.
  • Posted

You situation sounds extremely similar to my own . I was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis 3 years ago . To be brief, it returned 5 mo this ago but with different symptoms. It felt like there was something in my anus . I went to the doctor and he performed a rectal examination (DRE) and as soon as he felt my prostate the sensation intensified massively . My prostate was inflamed and giving the feeling of something stuck in my anus . Shortly after that the more familiar symptoms of lower ab pain, urinary problems started again .

Get it checked,as yes it could be haemorrhoids but it could also be prostatitis and the “ sitting on a golf ball” feeling is a well documented symptom of prostatitis. 

• Posted

Also check out something like the pelvic pain clinic.  It may be caused by stress and anxiety - the most common cause of pelvic pain!  The clinic has videos that advise on relaxation techniques.  Beware of being offered a 4 week course of antibiotics (especially Ciprofloxacin) unless the doctor is 100% that you have an actual prostate infection.
  • Posted

Hi whyamisick2017,

it has been more than three years, did you get any solution? I am 50 years old and have similar problem from last 8 months. It started with rectal pain and my PCP suggested to consult a gastroenterologist who did colonoscopy and found small/medium internal hemorrhoid and prescribed cream which did not help. Later on I developed UTI kind of symptoms and saw a Urologist who told me it is prostatitis and prescribed couple of round of antibiotics which did get me any relief either. I have been having consistent pain from 8 months. The prostate MRI says prostatitis, the prostate measure 4x2.8x3.6 cm / 22 cc. Is this normal or enlarged?

I am not sure what what is causing pain and discomfort, prostatitis or internal hemorroid?

Any suggestion for community?

Thanks

Aman

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.