Prostate procedures

Posted , 9 users are following.

my doctor recommended i should do a holmium laser ablation of the prostate does anybody know if this procedure helps for urinating frequently and the results and the side effects

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HoLEP is supposed to be an excellent procedure if you can find a doctor who has enough experience with it.

• Posted

what other symptoms do you have ?

i have frequent urination during the day and quiet yellow urine all the time

• Posted

just frequent urination i was on medication for 6 months but no help so he recommend this he preformed a cystoscopy and he recommend this procedure

• Posted

From what I've read, HoLep is the best currently. Big improvements, high success rate, long lasting results, well proven. Side effects: RE almost certain, temporary incontinence months after. It's the first thing on my list. Hank

• Posted

Its tops on my list also. (FLA would be but the expense without a guarentee rules it out) Aren't they working on HOLEP that preserves ejaculatory function?

• Posted

I almost had FLA, if not for jimjames, and I am glad now that I didn't. Re HoLep preservation of normal ejaculation, I don't know that they are studying that. I am willing to take my chances with 80% RE, and 1% of incontinence. CIC and meds are getting old for me. Hank

• Posted

Destroying tissue in any way you want to call it is going to be radical in my Humble opinion The only one I am considering is Urolift

• Posted

So, you thinks its better to take your prostate and squeeze it down to a smaller size while leaving all the excess tissue in tact?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.