Prostate swelling Due to Ulcerative Colitis of the Rectum?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I think I have asked this before, but here we go again. I am 48 years old and have been having trouble urinating. It seems to me that it is my Prostate and my Uro thinks so as well. I have told both my Uro and my Gastro that it all started with the onset of this flare of UC. I have pain in front where my bladder is and that is also where one feels it from the rectum as well. My rectum is inflammed and it bleeds from the UC. When I try to urinate I have to squeeze the urine out at times. It makes sense to me that if I have inflammation  of the rectum, I could have trouble urinating as my rectum could be causing pressure on my Prostate. I have been checked for PC and my PSA was only .22, so I doubt I have cancer. I am not sure why it causes me so much trouble urinating. Does anyone have any idea's or does anyone have UC of the rectum with similar issue's when it comes to urination? Please let me know. My doctors don't seem to have a clue as to why this is happening.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm not a male but when my UC is active I do have trouble urinating as well I think it does have something to do with the inflammation down low which makes sense to me as bladder and colon is so close to each other.hope you get answers soon and some relief. UC sucks I can't seem to get to remission since this past December

• Posted

That does make sense. I have been flared for almost a year now and I am passing blood. I would like it to leave me alone for a while. The pain is bad as well. What can one do. My doctor is trying to get Entyvio approved for me, until then I have to wait.
  • Posted

I'm struggling so bad at the moment seems my colon doesn't want to straighten up I can't take the bloating it's driving me nuts and I barely eat I don't see alot of blood but it's there

• Posted

Yea, I know what it is like. I too have a lot of bloating, nausea, cramps, but the bleeding is scary. Hang in there, it does get better. This is my first flare for almost 10 years, so in me at least I know remission is possible. What medication are you taking for it? Perhaps your doctor needs to be more agressive with your treatments. I hope you feel better soon. This disease sucks for sure. 
  • Posted

This is my first one in 8 years and it's lingering hate this disease

• Posted

I had the same symptoms when flare up occures. No one knows the reason. I assume it has to do with leaky guts. I have stopped gluten and milk. The ennema which seems very effective is a perscription BUDENOFALK, which is an immusuppressant. It works after 8-10 days. 

Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.