Prostatis advice please

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had pain in my testicles for 3 years given all the usual antibiotics and they did not work.

recently I have had pain in my lower stomach and anus also testicles .

I have now been told by the urologist I have chronic Prostatis.

he told me not to have too much tea or coffee .

i don't drink alcohol now as I understand it makes things worse.

I am taking Amitriptyline and Pregabalin 75mg 3 times a day.

i am feeling very down waking up to pain everyday and I'm unable to work full time I'm self employed .

please can someone advise me what to do next? Do I ask my DR to increase the dosage of the Pregabalin?

after just one visit to the urologist he has referred me back to my Dr.

when the Urologist pressed on my prostate it was very painful.

i am peeing a lot with urgency.

after 3 years I am feeling desperate.

Thanks in advance for your help.

p.s forgot to mention I had a ultrasound which should I had cysts in my testicles and was told it's not those given me the pain.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Surfer,

I know you stated you have had an Ultra Sound, have you ever had a CT Scan or x-ray done? As for the Ultra sound, I would ask your Urologist to refer you for both of the aforementioned, as well as blood tests. Bear in mind that blood tests can give false/positive results.

Having cysts or polyps on the testicles can mean a few things, if you feel a 'dull' ache in one testicle, then I would ask your results to be checked by an Oncologist for a second opinion.

I was treated for an infection for about 6 weeks, before I asked for further tests to be done considering antibiotics did not make any difference, and that turned out to be cancer. Pregabalin is not really a strong painkiller and Amitriptyline used to be issued for depression, but it is now found to be a mild painkiller.

I would definitely ask your doctor to refer you to what I have mentioned.

I have a testicular epidermal cyst teste, but it is benign - yet, it gave me all the symptoms of Prostate Cancer, this was just before Christmas last year. I had Testicular cancer, and the remission period is the longest in any type of cancer, which is 7 years.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi Les63.

thanks for replying.

I don't have a dull ache in the testicle.

i was already taken amiltripline as a preventive for migraine,amiltripline and Pregabalin cause weight gain ,being on 75 mg is quite low apparently.

I was prescribed every antibiotic going but I believe it was to late as I

understand if it's treated straight away they work.

at the time I had a bad back and my Dr told me the pain in my testicles was referred pain from my back ,at the same time I told him I had painful ejaculation I wish I was more persistent at the time.

I don't have painful ejaculation anymore ,since I started the Pregabalin I have erectile dysfunction,if I do have an erection very little sperm comes out.

thanks for your help.

• Posted

After being treated for prostatitus apart from a painful testicle the other symptoms went. I went back to the doctor and he found that I had Epididymitis that cipro does not clear up. He then gave me a different antibiotic that cleared it up. Thee months later it seems to have retturned.
    • Posted

I have had epididymis for about 6 months. Cuprous and Bactric did not clear it up. After a while the testicle pain gets tolerable, but then it will flare up again. What antibiotic worked for you?
  • Posted

Hello my young friend.  I'm sorry for your problems.  At your age you don't need this.  I went on the internet and looked a few of the thing up to better answer you if I can. First of all chronic prostatis has to do with pain in the lower pulvic area.  I read some of it and it can be cause by infection, food or some early truma can trigger it.  Stress is also a big part of it. Our bodys are all connected to many veins and go to all parts of our bodys.  Have you looked up and read anythings on the internet. Maybe you would find something that the doctors are missing If I were you I would not have the doctors up your meds.  Amitriptyline is a antidepressant and you have to be careful with that.  The other is a pain pill.  As for the cyst I have one in my epididymis which is in the back of the testicles. Which stores the sperm.  Right now it is the size of a half of a dime  It is not hurting me now but when I had the infections it felt like someone was trying to pull by nut out.  I feel your pain.  I hope you can find some relief.  Maybe if you don't think about it you will have less stress. I know it's hard but no harm in trying  Take care Ken            
  • Posted

I have a similar problem for 6 months, it is pretty awful. Have you tried NSAIDs? I guess you probably have, naproxen helped me before, a lot. They are not very good at treating this kind of thing. Try and keep positive and healthy and your mind engaged in work, meditation, something like that. So sorry to hear you are experiencing this too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.