prostatis help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Everyone all your help would be appreciated , I was diagnosed with blood and an infection in my urine back in May 2015, the doctor gave me four days of Trimthormim which cleared up the infection , i then started to get flare ups in August at night with severe pain which felt like testical pain after running or swimming . I had a constant ache daily on my right hand side on the base of the penis. The Doctors thought it was groin pain and because there was blood still in my urine but no infection , they were reluctant to give me any antibiotics. The pain was unbearable some days with this constant ache and i lost two stone in weight . I had a cystoscopy in January this year which ruled out bladder cancer , i still have blood in my urine, i have had an ultra sound as well and my pelvis and kidneys are fine . I went to see a different doctor last week who was certain it was Acute prostatis becuase of the ache and the area and he though it was bacteria which was being stored in that area and gave me two months of antibiotics . I have had constant nerve and leg pain down the side where the ache is for the last two months , i was wondering what damage it could have caused as the bacteria has been left untreated since June last year without any antibiotics to clear it

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your symptoms are nearly identical to mine, which started with Sepsis 18 months ago and in the last few weeks and has now been confirmed as Prostitis. I too had periods without Antibiotics but also had spells with Catheters which always brought infection.  At present I think I have 3 totally different infections, Penis & Testicles, Groin and around my kidneys. Only receiving Nitrofurantoin at present and it has nearly stopped the bleeding but not touched anything else.  Am beginning to wonder if I am becoming resistant to Antibiotics, so what next. I look forward to reading other replies on this subject for some ideas.         David
    • Posted

Cheers David

It was getting to the bottom of it which was the worse nightmare i gave up any physical activities in case it flared up again at night it was horrible pain and would keep me awake all night with sickness the dull ache on the side was horrendous and would last for hours it felt like some kind of ulcer trapped near my Uretha and then would go away for a few weeks and then come back with avengance , the antiobitoics are slowly working but have still got all this nerve pain down the right leg , its been the worse twelve months of my life painful when getting an erection with the pain on side of bottom of the penis and for a relationship with a woman was well out of the question becuase of the pain

• Posted

Mark,  I know the feeling of having a good day, going to bed tired but still taking a sleeping tablet and the pain comes on one side, you turn over its there again and then down below, the clock is 1, 2, 3, . Get up for a hot chocolate a bit of night time TV and back to bed for the same. Next day you are shattered.

David

• Posted

How long have you had this David ??? I was fit and healthy until i started having blood in my urine back in July , but the pain from bacteria and semen stored in that particular area is horrible , dull ache all the time , i look back now and think why did no doctor pick up on my symptoms and brushed it a side as groin pain , i still think i have a long way to go David i am currently taking Codeine every day to help with the nerve pain in the right leg where the area i get the pain so i don't know what kind of damage leaving the bacteria untreated in my body for Eight months has caused . I am hoping that the trimthormim will work because when i was taking the codeine before i was diagnosed with Acute Prostatis it would help my nerve pain  in the leg but not the pain we are discussing
  • Posted

Mine really goes back to Sept 14 when I got Sepsis after a Prostate Biopsy, and at that time had loads of Catheters, and 3 months later I had a second Pulmonary Embolism all knocking me back a bit. Have been on 8 Paracetemol & 4 Tramadol a day since last November after a Haemmoroidectomy, which led to more Catheters after a spinal anaesthetic went wrong. Every night I have a Sleeping tablet and 2 Buscopan before bed but still have pain and worse when I get calf and knee pain which I think is tied up with PE. Apparently with Prostititus the Prostate is clogged with infection and hard to penetrate. Someone advised me to try Hyperbaric Therapy as that can clean the blood which will then penetrate the infection, but there is a waiting list for local units. I am not sure about damage caused by bacteria, but what concerns me is how many different types of bacteria do I have and am I becoming immune to A/B's.

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.