PROSTATITIS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good evening or afternoon..  I don't know what happen but I was trying to answer a post by Hawkeye on prostatitis.................................................     I ended up on a site with post from two year ago.  Have not heard from these men in a long time.  I have been talking to a few of the men on hear about the trips that I have been going to the bathroom to much and very little coming out.  Not all the time but around 3 times a week I can go 10 to 12 times a day.  I sent a email to my urologist.  And he told me that my prostate is inflamed.  Which is Chronic Prostatitis.  He told me that we will talk about it in 2 weeks when I see him but for now he told me to drink alot of water and try not to irritant the bladder.  Also no sex or masturbating.  I all way thought cleaning out the prostate was good for prostatitis.  I guess it's what kind you have.  So I will listen to him and hold off for now.  Take care all and I hope all is good for all of you.  Remember what ever procedure you get make sure you get all the information you can.........Ken   PS.  Derek  I hope you doing well 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Did he think it was caused by the procedure he just did? I figured that would irritate things a bit
    • Posted

No have not had a scope done in a few month's but he said that it was cause by the same thing that started my problem before  Which was the stricture. I will be having a scope done when I see him to check the stricture.  It may have gotten worse we don't know.  Will know in 2 weeks  It's going to be a long 2 weeks   Take care  Ken

• Posted

Kenneth, I'm doing well apart from my AF and a lump below my navel that I thought was a cyst or a lipoma tums out to be a hernia.. Seeing the cardiologist this aftertnoon.

Have you been finding that when you click on a new reply that instead it takes you to the first post in the conversation?

• Posted

Yes  I have it take you somewere else and not the post you are trying to answer.  I see my heart doctor in a few weeks.  I had a 6 hour heart ablation for my a-fib doing great.  Still have a blockage on the left side but the a-fib is fix....Take to you later  Ken
    • Posted

I will know more on March 3rd when he does the scope.  Don't know what we are doing to do either dilation or urethra pasthy ken

• Posted

Following greenlight 4 weeks ago, I asked my urologist if it was OK if I masturbated, he said sure it is ok. So Yesterday I did in the afternoon and I got a climatic feeling, but not like before and of course nothing came out because of retrograde, but than I went out and I was walking around and started to get tremendous pain like in the area, around the bladder, but nothing would come out, then I was walking around a shopping mall and all of a sudden I see my underwear and my blue jeans are completed soaked, so than after that I go to a restroom and yes I urinated quite a bit. Went home to change my clothes. Just woke up this morning, and my underwear was soaked with urine. This never happened before. What do you think is happening.
    • Posted

I think your not healed yet.  How long did you have a catheter.   What left of your prostate.  Yes they tell you all will be the same but it's not.Your orgasm will never be the same but whats done is done.    It could be stress related.  Hold off for a week or so.  They tell you that healing time is 4 to 6 weeks but your body may take longer.  Were a pad to play it safe. It may be stress related incontinence.  If this goes on for a few more weeks talk with you doctor.  Try to relax  Ken

• Posted

Ok thanks Ken.. Usually I exercise alot and the doctor tells me I can go on treadmill but cannot lift weights. Do you know why? the restrictions on weights only.
    • Posted

The strain lifting blows out the clot/ scab. Will make you bleed.
    • Posted

With the surgery you had you can't lift the weights yet because you could  strain what is left of your prostate.   You will have to wait till your doctor tells you it is safe.  Remember they burned away your prostate  With the laser the blood vessels  were burned but if you stain  left you can open up the vess and start to bleed.  Take your time  Ken. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.