Prostatitis after Chlamydia questions.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, about 3 months ago I had Chlamydia and was on about 3 rounds of antibiotics. After about the second round I started developing an anal itch that eventually led to abdominal pain and pain in the legs randomly. Eventually it developed to pain in the rectum and painful bowel movements. About 2 weeks ago I saw a Urologist who put me on Levo for 2 weeks which seemed to help some what. Now that I've been off the Levo for a few days I notice the pain is still there and a little bit in the tip of the penis. Exercising makes the rectal pain very very tender on the outside and such. My real questions here are, Does this sound like Prostatitis? Does Chlamydia only cause bacterial prostatitis? Did the antibiotic work or does it take longer? Does drinking alcohol make it worse or develop? Last, Is it possible antibiotics caused the prostatitis to begin with? I need a lot of insight on all of this because it's been making my life slightly horrible since all of this started. 

-Thank You

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

How old are you? Do you think sexual relations where the result of Chlamydia?
    • Posted

24 and yes of course it was. But, I treated the Chlamydia and the issues relating to Prostatitis developed during that time. Now I have no actual pain in the penis or testicles it's almost all in the back end of things. Also, my pee stream is slightly weak and the dripping afterwards is more than it was before all of this. It has gotten better over the past month from where it started. I just wanted to really figure out the exact underlying issue and how to fix it. I'm not looking into natural remedies and such since those antibiotics are a bitch. 

• Posted

Well I threw away the sheet with all of them on it. But basically at first I got the shot in the butt, Then the 1 dose for 1 day antibiotic, then  7 day antibiotic for my first visit. Second visit I came back with penis tip pain and abdominal pain and then they gave me another one I think was the Doxy. Then my symptomps of anal itch/pain aroused at that time and then saw a Urologist and he gave me Levo. Now I'm here I just finished the 14 day treatment of Levo and my symptomps have gotten slightly better but some are still there. 

• Posted

Bump Again?
    • Posted

Hey. How are you today? I got this too after chlamydia, mine is much worse than yours. I cannot get up from bed now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.