Prostatitis aid with sauna

Posted , 6 users are following.

After having Prostatitis for 18 months and not being able to get rid of it, plus many urine infections I have now had two weeks of much improved health. I decided to buy a Home Sauna with carbon heaters and it certainly seems to have helped a lot and I think the sweating using it has opened a lot of my pores and got rid of some infection. Anybody else tried this with success.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have been having some issues wit prostatitis.  I have good days and bad.  I go to the guy and sit in the sauna for a about 5 minute it dos seam to make it mild it may be the setting or just the relaxing in there >  Maybe I should do a test on it.  Diet also helps Take care  Ken

• Posted

You're smarter than I am.  After a cystoscopy (camera down the penis), everything was hurting so I tried a warm bath.  That helped a little so I upped the ante and went to a hot tub.  What a mistake!!! Got an infection.  Sauna good, hot tub not.  I try a sauna (at the gym) a couple of times a week for general health.  I don't know if it's doing good, but why not.

• Posted

Anything that helps even if the reason is not understandable is worth doing. I had greenlight nothing helped me, now I can urinate. but mysterious I just developed gout. I eat no meat, just chicken and fish occassionally and eat lots of vegetables. I do not drink alcohol, eat no sweets and yet my toe swelled up and my uric acid went over the scaled normal amount. Who knows. But anyway. Chances are the prostatitis will come back. as you age the prostate grows and probably something is happening. I wish you well.
    • Posted

Hey Mark I hope things will get better for you.  My urologist told me that every man in his life will get prostatitis.  Once we have it we will have it for life.  It can't be cured but it can be controled.  And if something help to  relieves the pain go for it  Ken

• Posted

You say your sauna has helped a lot?  I believe it.  Presumably, you are sitting on a warm board when you're actually in the sauna.  Heat sometimes has the miraculous potential to act as an analgesic; especially when it's applied to the perineal area.  I, myself, notice a sharp reduction in symptoms when I leave the gym, after having had a sauna. 

• Posted

Alan,  This type of sauna has heat from all angles rather than steam and I find all parts of my body sweat, and I think it gets through to the Prostate and opens it up and hopefully gets rid of trapped infection.
    • Posted

I say if it work do it.  I go in the whirlpool at the gym  I let the the jets hit my back and move back and forth so it get at my kidneys.  I find that I don't get as much groin pain.  I have look on the internet if there is any finding on this but can't find anything  Take care  Ken

• Posted

How can you tell when you have a urine infection?

• Posted

Dennis, My urine infections are usually identified by very dark urine, smelling very strong as well, and often a bit sore passing water. I have also had itching of my penis but Thrush can cause this as well. Hope that helps, and normal treatment is Antibiotics from Doctor after  a dipstick test , but if recurring ask them to send off sample for culture as the test will suggest definite A/B's to use.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.