Prostatitis and Backpain?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had pain in my lower back, buttocks, and pelvic regions for over 2 years now. I was initially seeing doctors about my back and tried various treatments and saw many different doctors, yet none could figure out the problem. I recently got an MRI on my pelvis(MRI on lower back showed nothing) and what came up was a black spot on my prostate, which may indicate prostatitis. I am currently seeing a urologist who has put me on various medication(cipro, rapaflo, etc.) to relax my prostate, but it has not helped. He seems to have concluded that my pain is not being caused by my prostate, as I have no trouble urinating and am only 21 y/o,  but it is the only lead I have been given in 2 years.

Symptoms include:

Extreme, almost unbearable, morning stiffness in lower back/buttocks

Pain in lower back, up in buttocks, and taint when sitting

Pain in buttocks and taint when getting an erection while sitting or even things like laughing while sitting(can feel it up there)

Very tight hamstrings

No problem using the bathroom

I spend all day stretching and exercising and everything still feels extremely tight all day, every day. Has anybody had a similar experience?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Seems that Joe hasn't had a PSA test... or he forgot to mention it? .... but they did give him a MRI.... anybody else think his doctor is seeing dollar signs?  My doctor actually told me he gets a big cut of any MRI he recommends.

• Posted

You make the statement that your mattress is not working for you.

I am not trying to throw anyone under the bus..however this sure

sounds like scaitic nerve pain .during the night the way you sleep. Not saying that prostate issues should not be evaluated however this  sounds like back nerve pressure..JUST a theory..I know the mri did not show calcification..it may be bedtme bone postional situation which corrects itself as you move thru your day. I think a PT back theropist might be able

to get you to do strenghing exercieses along with mattess changes and positionally how you sleep. But that dark spot on the prostate should be evaluated.

The best of luck to you

• Posted

Hi

I understand this is old post . I read your story and it is as if copy and paste from mine ..!! Please let me know what you did and how r u now ..

U can email me ..

• Posted

Actually high density mattress is the solution. It worked for my lower back pain but bowel and prostate pains still persist. I feel like my testcles are weighing my pelvic floor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.