prostatitis and my feelings

Posted , 6 users are following.

Iv'e had prostatitis for 6 years now and I can't get over my feelings of how I could have gotten it. I was in a relationship during said time and the woman had her tubes tied and was not with anyone else. I never heard of prostatitis and thought I would be ok. Now 6 years later I am dealing with this awful disease and the guilt of feeling dirty. Does anybody else feel like this? It has put my life on hold. The dr. tells me that my urinary symptoms caused the prostatitis and the intimate relationship I was in was just coincidental. I had a TURP 6 years ago and now I can't ejaculate. That brings it up to a double whammy. I would like to get a response on here from someone else who has prostatitis and their feelings. Do you have the same feelings as I? I have such feelings of guilt about being in this relationship and not using protection. I am a clean person, but feel so, dirty. I'd love to get into a relationship, but the discomfort stops me from doing so. I pray for a miracle.  Iv'e always led a clean moral life. Do others feel this way?

Steve 

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had prostatitis for several months and it would not respond to a number of different antibiotics. Finally, Septra knocked it out in less than a week. Hot sitz baths helped too
  • Posted

Steve, Have now been to a Pain Clinic which was worthwhile. Planning to alter my pain killers as in their words sometimes the Prostatitis can not be got rid of, but accurate use of pain killers can reduce the problems. Apparently tablets for Epilepsy can be beneficial and relaxant tablets such as Amitryptylene taken in early evening can help. I was told that removal of the Prostate was not the answer as nerve pain can remain, and try and avoid any other surgery.  Confirmed that Sepsis in the past was giving continuing infections which was a major problem with Prostatitis. They recommended that my Incontinence had to be dealt with separately like erection and ejaculation problems, so back to pelvic floor exercises although painful to do.  Awaiting Cystoscopy now to see if any obstructions there. Just an update. 
    • Posted

Hi Dave  How did sepsis occur? Don't you have to be hospitalised for that ? and isn't it gangerous? My doctor never informed me about sespsis. I guess that's something they would treat right away, right?

Steve

• Posted

My Sepsis occurred after a Prostate Biopsy which is a major risk of that procedure, and I was told I was an hour from death as all my organs were shutting down. Rushed to hospital with about 3 stays to get things nearly back to normal.  This is why I get continued Urine infections because my immune system is down and that is why I have the Prostatitis.

David

• Posted

Don't they do a biopsy during the turp and take a sample of the tissue as it is being resected? I think that is how mine was done. Transurethrally. Was your biopsy done during the TURP? or was it with a needle? Why would you need the needle biopsy if you were having the TURP done, David?

Steve

• Posted

The Prostate needle Biopsy was done 18 months before the TURP. The TURP was done as they could not get catheters in me, and you are correct that the tissue removed is checked for Cancer but was clear in my case, although both of my Biopsies showed 1:16 each time. The TURP of course was under anaesthetic like my second biopsy.
    • Posted

That makes a little more sense to me now,Dave. I was a little confused by it all. I have to do my own research on here you see because my dr never told me anything. Be careful of these urologists, Dave. I went to one the other day and he just pushes you through the door the way this procedure was done on you and me before we even had any other chance to think about it. It's hard to find a good urologist and I was thinking this may be the one, but it turns out he's just another joe smo Fresh out of medical school. No answers. and people like us with this are trying to find out answeres !!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.