Prostatitis pain for four months please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Was diagnosed with chronic non bacterial prostatitis in may . Symptoms started in march . Alot of symptoms went in early June but last two weeks I've had groin pubic and especially testicular pain . Is this still prostatitis as not completely sure

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yeah, I understand what you're going through.  I have non bacterial prostatitis too.  Medications don't help.  I've been on Cipro, Bactrim, Augmentin....none of these meds have worked.  My symptoms come and go.  Recently, I notice I can manage it way better using two methods.  The first is masturbation...which I do every other day (if I do it every day, it makes problems worse).  Masturbation removes excess fluid from the prostate (or so I've heard).  Anyway, it helps with pain.  The other remedy I recently discovered, is wine (I know this sounds unusual, but it works for me).  Wine is very acidic, and it's a diuretic.  I drink two cups of wine (I use those red Solo party cups).  The acid from wine seems to cleanse my urinary tract, and because it's a diuretic, it enables me to pee longer (flush out my bladder much better).  The result is  less trips to the bathroom.  

• Posted

I think I might try these things but a little worried about the acid in the urine from wine . Does it make your urine burn . Also are you getting other symptoms too like mine or have any eased

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.