Prostatitis ruining my life while im only 17 :'(

Posted , 2 users are following.

PLEASE READ THIS , THIS IS AFFECTING ME SO MUCH, THERES ALMOST NOT A SECOND THAT PASSES WHERE I STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS. ive never ever had any problems until in october removed a hydrocele on my one testicle (hydrocele: collection of liquid around testicle, i have only one due to birth defect) everything after surgery was perfect until i noticed my testicle swollen and i had gynecomastia, it turned out there was an incisional infection at hydrocele site so i took cipro antibiotic for 1.5 months i also wore a scrotal support, after a few weeks of taking cipro i had an allergic reaction to it and had some rashes i couldnt stop it since my urologist advised i should wait until infection cleared up.. During this i had elevated prolactin ( elevated prolactin lasted a month, and caused me even worse gyno and micropenis) due to the high prolactin i suddenly turned from fapping 2 times a day to abstaining a whole month, after I stopped cipro overnight, my prolactin symptoms faded ( gynecomastia is still here but little) and i had suddenly developed new symptoms ( weak stream, weak ejaculation, weird cum, weird soft puffy erection, constipation, pain (heat sensation) in lower back, and symptoms of low testosterone that changes across the days (probably due to inflammation affecting testicle also) , normal urodynamics, nothing in cystoscopy,negative urine culture, psa 1.4, ultrasound saying "prostate focal edema", ) i went to several urologists and they all say its all in my mind !!!!!!! They say im hallucinating!!? I know i an not imagining this its real, and my parents are now believing doctors and saying im insane, its been 4 months since prostatitis symptoms i am depressed and about to lose hope, so nobody wants to take me to a doctor and im afraid if this problem persists it will become worse and even more difficult to cure, i cant pee properly i cant defecate and i cant even fap!!!! Not to mention disgusting symptoms of low testosterone (decreased muscle mass and falling body hair)... I have researched alot and have four theories:

1- due to sudden abstaining from fapping for a month caused prostatitis

2-due to allergy from cipro

3- due to suddenly taking off the scrotal support after wearing it for 1.5 months (caused cremaster muscle spasm)?

4- elevated prolactin affected prostates growth ?

I took an course of nsaid (advil) it helped my urine flow the first course but it didnt work the second course .. Please help, im dying i swear !

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

While I have no idea as to the answer to all this I would firstly guess that you are not in UK?  When posting such a long post as this with such a lot of details it really does help to break it into sentences and use white space at end of paragraphs.  It also helps to use the medical names for things.  Fapping = masturbation!  I doubt if many on this UK site are aware of that term!

That said you have had a lot to put up with [gynecomastia = breast growth; not uncommon with teenagers] and you have a "micropenis" [though that is something that you are born with and not something that gets better or worse].

I imagine that it is exceptionally worrying as a young man to have doctors with sharp knives probing round your genitals and that this is causing a lot of your anxiety.  You say that you have done a lot of research and that possibly does not help. We all do it and imagine things that we could have.

Your parents are less than helpful I'm afraid. You are not insane [not a term we would now use in UK]. You are understandably concerned. You are a young man looking forward to life where - hopefully - you will meet a partner and have an interesting and fullfilling sex life.  But as it seems at present that is overshadowed by your current problems.

My feeling is that this will all calm down as your health improves generally. You ahve - for example - been taking cipro which many report as having side effects which take a while to wear off.   It might be worth while seeing if a doctor could prescribe something for anxiety.   What I do think would help is if you could find a Counsellor who could talk all this through with you at some length in a neutral unjudgemental manner

• Posted

I have been very relaxed this past few weeks, I am just hopeful but sad, i cannot control the sadness, idont think it will go away before this goes away. So i need treatment, definitely not a counsellor, cant go to a urologist, then what am I supposed to do? I am afraid that inflammation will damage my organs and cause irreparable damage, not to mention the stunt in puberty im having.... This is very urgent and i dont know what to do

• Posted

My point is that from your post you sound anything but relaxed.  You seem to have had an amazing amount of treatment and I am not sure what more you would like on a physical basis. I would guess that few 17 year olds would have had so much and that concerns me.  My feeling is that you possibly now need to let your body calm down by itself and see if some of these troublesome signs go away.  You are certainly not helped by being called "halucinating" nor "insane" but I do really think you are focussing too much on it which is why I suggested a Counsellor. You need someone non-judgmental [outside the family] who can work through with you these feelings.

You might look at your general health.  Do you smoke?  Do you exercise? Do you eat a good diet [you say you are constipated so possibly not]?  Do you sleep as well as possible?  Are you of a good weight?

I am not sure why advil might be supplied to increase flow. One of its side effects is "reduced urination or not at all" though it is an anti-inflamatory of course.

Again if you are in UK you can - rather surprisingly - get "Contiflo" over the counter in pharmacy [Tamsulosin Hyrochloride] which increases flow [for a while anyway]

• Posted

When the muscular body i have been building for months starts to 'decay' and turns me into a skeleton in a few weeks, and when i cant pee/masterbate/poo and have erectile dysfunction , i cant imagine not focusing on this enough.... Again this week i have been very relaxed and i have had zero improvements
    • Posted

Not overweight, dont smoke, excellent diet, i exercise and i get alot of sleep. If advil helped with my flow then that's probably because theres an inflammation somewhere in urethra ( prostate?)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.